- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- June 2008
Leave a Comment | Posted by Stacie on August 15, 2011
Local Affiliate of Susan G. Komen to Host “Pink Out” Event at Greenville Drive Game
GREENVILLE, S.C. – Aug. 15, 2011 – Get ready for the pink out. The South Carolina Mountains to Midlands Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will host “Komen Night at the Greenville Drive” on Wednesday, Aug. 17, at Fluor Field. The event will raise money and awareness for breast cancer research and programs across the Affiliate’s span of 22 Upstate counties.
Starting at 6 p.m., activities preceding the start of the Greenville Drive game will include:
- Walk the pink carpet: Kimberly Kelly, host of WSPA’s “Scene on 7,” will report live from the pink carpet at the stadium entrance as guests enter the game.
- Pretty in pink: Attendees are encouraged to dress in all pink and participate in the “Pretty in Pink” contest. A $25 Belk gift card will be awarded to a male, female, child and breast cancer survivor wearing the best pink outfit.
- Silent auction: Game attendees will have the opportunity to bid on pink jerseys worn by the Greenville Drive players, as well as the pink bases used during the game to benefit the S.C. Mountains to the Midlands Susan G. Komen for the Cure Affiliate.
- Limited edition “Komen Night at the Drive” t-shirts will be on sale at the Greenville Drive team store throughout the game, with a portion of the proceeds generated going to support the local Komen Affiliate.
- The first pitch will be thrown by local breast cancer survivor, Paula Monroe. Cindy Perry, another local survivor, will perform the national anthem at the start of the game.
Proceeds from each ticket sold on the S.C. Mountains to the Midlands Susan G. Komen for the Cure website prior to the event will benefit local and national efforts in the fight against breast cancer. Each game ticket is $7.
Greenville Drive game attendees can also use the event as an opportunity to register for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure to be held on Sept. 24 at Fluor Field.
WHAT: Komen Night at the Drive Pink Out event to benefit the S.C. Mountains to the Midlands Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased online at http://www.komenscmm.org/, and on game day at the Komen table set up near the Will Call booth.
WHERE: Fluor Field, located at 945 S. Main Street, Greenville, SC 29601. For directions call (864) 234-5035.
WHEN: Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2011. WSPA’s “Scene on 7” personality Kimberly Kelly will report live from the pink carpet, and host the “Pretty in Pink” contest from 6 to 7 p.m. First pitch will be thrown at 7 p.m.
Leave a Comment | Posted by Stacie on August 12, 2011
Leave a Comment | Posted by Stacie on
Leave a Comment | Posted by Stacie on August 10, 2011
So Anne Hathaway is Cat Woman now… I think she is just the cutest. Click below to see her as Cat Woman
Also, while on the set, Anne’s stunt double had a slight run in with an expensive IMAX camera… the camera wasn’t so lucky! YIKES!
Leave a Comment | Posted by Stacie on August 3, 2011
I like it!
And here is Samantha Ronson’s mug shot. She looks like Lindsey Lohan.
Leave a Comment | Posted by Stacie on August 1, 2011
Leave a Comment | Posted by Stacie on July 29, 2011
Leave a Comment | Posted by Stacie on July 27, 2011
We have some Dogs that are in need of some short-term care. Just a few days is all they need to be ready for adoption again. I have noted the ones that are fully potty trained!
This is Grover! He is such a friendly boy and 100% potty trained. He needs to be on antibiotics for just a few more days!
Come meet laid-back Susie, she is very low-maintenance and 100% potty trained. She has a cough but its improving
Karma has a little bit of the sniffles, she is very gentile and sweet. Needs fostering for about 7 days. 50% potty trained.
This sweet girl is Kagan and she is sister to Karma above. She also has the sniffles and needs a foster for about 7 days. 50% potty trained.
Baxter is such a little character! He is lots of fun and has a bit of a cough right now. He is also partially potty trained.
Please call 864-242-3626 ext 227 or come in today to inquire about one of these special doggies. The sooner they get better the sooner they can find their new homes!
Greenville Humane Society * 305 Airport Road * Greenville 29607